Wednesday, January 28, 2009

College College College...

I didn't know everything having to deal with college would be so much work. At first, I wanted to be an RN... well as I'm working in my doctors office I watched what the nurse practioners do and thought more into what I REALLY wanted to do. I made up my mind and what I want to go to college for has nothing to do with health care. I want to be an accountant. I am good with math and have strong analytical skills. Well, now that I've chosen what I want to be I have to decide which college I want to go to...And I want to do it all online, or most of it. I looked up schools and found interests in Devry University and University of Phoenix...called around and found out that Devry is a private school NOT ran by the state, therefore, that makes it much more expensive AND you can't get grants or financial aid by the government. Now that is probably the only way I am going to be able to go to school. So never mind on Devry.

I talked with my aunt at UOP and she made me feel a lot better. I can get my associates in about 1 1/2 years all online....sounds like a great idea. Plus, I can get grants and things like that and she said that I could get most of my college paid for by that. I guess being a teen mom does pay off in a way because that's the only way that makes me completely eligible. So, now I have to fill out my FAFSA form and send it in! Wish me luck! I'm excited!

*Oh, and Aniyah turns 5 months next Tuesday !!! [2/2/09] Time Flies and it's scary!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I didn't know you were going to say accounting! LOL But, if that's what you want go for it. I'm sure you will succeed at whatever you choose!

    ReplyDelete