Thursday, January 22, 2009

My New Idea

Today I decided to start a blog, not only because I want to be cool like other people out there but because I've always wanted to keep a journal of my own. When I get older I want to be able to remember little things the went on in my life. I'm only a teenager, almost 18, but I carry a big life for myself and for my life ahead.






A Little About Me

I am unique in many ways. My name is Paisley. I was named from the artist Prince. I am extremely optimistic and self-motivated. I'm 17 years old. I'm not a big fan of the movies. I'm the type of girl who rather be comfy and cosy watching a movie in my home. I can be mean, blunt, and gullible at times. I love math and dislike science. I do online school, of which I am almost finished with. I also attend EVIT (East Valley Institute of Technology) This May I will be getting not only my diploma but my certificate of medical assisting! Exciting, I know. My favorite part of EVIT is my externship. I go Tuesdays, Wednesday's, and Thursday's for three hours a day. This only happens from January to May on your second year of the program. It's extremely exciting and I can't wait to keep you updated on it. I absolutely love drawing blood and I'd have to say I am very well at it. If you haven't already learned I am extremely confident with myself and proud to say that.





My next subject is that I am a mother to a four month old Aniyah Gabrielle. The most beautiful thing I have ever cherished so much in my life. I live for her and she is my motivator. She has already taught me so much. I am not a teenage statistic, I have outgrown that "sterotype". I gave birth to her on September 2nd 2008. The most memorable event in my life yet. I wouldn't have traded that day for anything else in the world. She was a whopping 8lbs. 6oz, 21inches long.

I went into labor that morning at 12am.. contractions were 5 minutes apart 2:30am..goodbye home, hello hospital. I was in PAIN! The lovely labor pains went on until about 4 or 5am when I received my epidural.. what a relief but for long! I guess I didn't realize that the medication could wear off and I thought I was tough. 10:30am , practice pushes.. fun fun! 10:45am the real pushing begins! Legs on the stir-ups for the world to see, cameras ready, mirror in front of me. About 8 pushes later, Aniyah Gabrielle arrives! 11:08am ! They lay her on my chest and whats the first thing she does? Poops on me!! She is my child! (You'll understand later). Everything isn't all so dandy and perfect though. When she was on my chest she wasn't crying, she was blue and wasn't breathing well. She was taken away from me so fast I hardly got to see her. The weresucking out her mouth over and over, but she wasn't responding well. On the other side of the L&D room was me, in pain, getting stitched up! THE WORST EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE!! I felt every poke and prod, every needle going in and out. I had no local anesthetic, no more epidural...nothing! My legs were shaking and I was on the verge of screaming. Aniyah on the other hand had to go to the NICU, she was there for 6 close to 7 hours!


Before Epidural---------------- After Epidural

After my lovely stiching, they made me drink some stupid grape juice and crackers, I was furious because I wasn't thirsty or hungry I just wanted to see my baby. So I sucked it up, gobbled down the juice, ate the crackers and was off to see my baby. Lord have mercy she was the most gorgeous beautiful little thing I have EVER seen! When I went to see her she was perfect, they fixed her lungs and said that she had just swolloed a bunch of amnio fluid on her way out. 4 months later I see how that happened. She's a complete spaz! And its hilarious!


Barely Born! -----------------------NICU :(






2 comments:

  1. that is the most touching story that i have ever heard/ u are so luck to have aniyah it must of been wonderful to be able to experience all of that.. and even tho i dont knw her look at aniyah now she is grown up so quick and she is ooo so beatiful.. she is lucky to have u as a mommie! ur doin a good job with her i can see.. :) keep em comin im xcited to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Paisley, i love reading your blogs. its fun and interesting. keep up the good work.
    p.s. adorable baby and you lucky to have such a great fiance

    ReplyDelete